The closing date for this job has passed.
- Closing Date:
- Interview Date:
- - To Be Confirmed -
- Job Description:
- £ 21,588
The purpose of the post is to:
Undertake all duties associated with the efficient running and maintenance of college estates. You will be expected to work following a shift rota pattern 05.30 to 14.00 and 14.00 to 22.30.
Main duties and responsibilities
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Respond to customer requests via the IT/Estates Service desk in a positive and timely manner.
- Maintain the security of the premises and its contents and following the completion of a successful probationary period, assume the role of the key holder for the Campus on a call out rota basis. Generally you will be required to be “on call” one week each month. Responsibilities include responding to any emergencies or alarm activations (accompanied by on site security) outside of normal operational hours.
- Open, lock up and secure the premises.
- Operate fire and security a;arm systems.
- Check the daily operation of the building plant equipment – heating, water services, air conditioning etc.
- Undertake inspections of the premises and report any required repairs or maintenance work.
- Carry out porterage duties, including taking delivery of goods and materials for distribution and storage.
- Carry out handyperson duties, including painting and decorating and minor repairs as required.
- Undertake grounds maintenance of the main site, including grass cutting, strimming, weeding, hedge trimming/pruning.
- Meet with contractors and instruct on work required, ensuring Campus procedures as set out in the Estates Contractor’s guide are observed.
- Draft and place orders for the consumables and minor maintenance items as per Estates guidelines.
- Drive College vehicles including the minibuses and van.
- Maintain standards of cleanliness throughout the building during the day and assist with general cleaning duties.
- Collect general and recycling waste across campus.
- Carry out general tidying duties of external areas such as collecting litter, ensuring that all paths and parking areas are free from debris and hazards e.g. glass, leaves; that all drains and gullies are free flowing and clean.
- Carry out periodic maintenance on 3G Sports Pitches.
- During adverse weather to inspect outside areas to ensure path and roadway snow clearance/ gritting (carried out by contractor) is adequate. Carry out further snow clearance and gritting as weather conditions dictate.
- Trained as a First Aider and Defibrillator responder and be part of the College First Aid/Defibrillator Rota for the site.
- Keep the College Asset Management system updated and complete annual asset census
- Carry out checks on the College’s minibus fleet, i.e. fluid levels, tyre pressure etc.
- Know and abide by the Health and Safety rules within the college and be aware of good practice in the working environment.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the grade of post as may be requested of you by your line manager at your initial place of work or at any other premises which the Corporation currently has or may subsequently acquire.
- Identify the financial, health and safety, equality, confidentiality or other risks associated with the post’s sphere of responsibility and to define and take positive action to manage these risks.
- Carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time.
- Carry out all the duties in the context of the practical application of the College’s equal opportunities policy and acting responsibly at all times in order to maintain the health and safety of yourself and others.
Please see our “How to Apply” to apply for this position