Equality & Diversity
Telford College ensures all students and staff are encouraged, supported and enabled to achieve their full potential in their chosen areas.
The College contributes to the preparation of students to live and work as citizens in a multi–ethnic and diverse society so that as an institution everyone feels welcomed, valued and respected. The College will strive to provide an ethos of inclusion and cohesiveness.
“Where great futures begin and every learner matters”
The core values of the College are embedded throughout the organisation:
The Corporation and staff of Telford College of Arts and Technology have an absolute commitment to take action to address and counter any disadvantage and discrimination suffered by sections of the College community, whether based on age, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation hereafter collectively referred to as protected characteristics. The College will promote an understanding of diversity and equality in its students and staff.
We ensure that everything we do helps
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimization and any other conduct prohibited by the Equality Act 2010
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
You can find out more about the College and our commitment to Equality and Diversity in:
- Single Equality Policy and Action Plan
- Equality and Diversity Report
- Equality Objectives 2012 to 2016
- Equality Objectives mission statement 2012 to 2016
- Web Equality Objectives 2012 to 2016
British Values Statement
At Telford College, we believe British Values are greatly important to us as a college community. British values identify how we should conduct ourselves in being a citizen in Great Britain today, with a diverse population that contributes to our society; this is increasingly prevalent today and in the future.
If you require any equality and diversity information in an alternative format please contact Pam Kaminiski, Head of Learner Services on 01952 642471 or email@example.com