Grants for supporting your studies

The College may be able to help support you with your studies. Each person is considered individually. Please read the Grants Information Booklet for more information

Please note that the threshold for claiming a grant has been raised from £26,000 to £30,000 

Download the  Grants Application form

Care to Learn Scheme

  • If you are under 20 at the start of your course, you may be able to get help with childcare fees from the Government’s Care to Learn scheme. You can apply online at Care to learn.
  • If you are over 20 at the start of your course, you can apply for a grant towards your childcare fees. Read this booklet  Childcare fees application .

Free College meals

If you are under 19 at 31/08/16, you may be able to claim free College meals, certain criteria apply. 

Is your child missing out on entitlement for a College meal?  The Government gives the College funds which we need to give out.

Check the list below for eligibility, Parent or Child can visit our grants team for a confidential meeting and complete an application form.

  • Your child is  16-18 on 31 August 2016
  • You or your child gets:
  • Income Support
  • Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit (provided not entitled to Working Tax Credit ) and have an annual gross   income of no more than £16,190 (assessed by HM Customs and Revenue)
  • Working Tax Credit run-on  (rules apply)