Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) - Site Safety Plus
- Work Place Learning Team 01952 642335
- 12M - Manufacturing and Services (WBL & Apprentices)
- Minimum Age:
- 19 Plus Fee:
- £ 525.00
- Please contact our Learner Service Department as Part-Time Fees vary depending on personal circumstances.
- SSSTS SMSTS Site Safety Plus Site Supervisors Safety Training scheme
- Please call 01952 642237
Contract Support and Promotions Administrator
This 2 day course is designed for team leaders, foremen, gangers, first line managers and supervisors with supervisory responsibilities and a need to understand their legal duties. Through an understanding of legal responsibilities supervisors can better contribute to the instruction, supervision and monitoring of safety on site. The SSSTS course is an ideal foundation for attaining a basic understanding of health & safety duties and responsibilities for junior management in construction work.
You must have a good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
- Having successfully completed this course you will be awarded a Site Safety Plus certificate. A natural progression would be to the five day Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) course
- Attendance requirements: Delegates are required to attend all sessions, since without full attendance the certificate will not be awarded. Where applicable, delegates must attend the days in order, in accordance with the course programme, to achieve the necessary learning objectives to qualify for the certificate. If this is not possible the delegate must enrol on a new course and retake the full course. If it is not possible due to extenuating circumstances (for example bereavement or certified illness), the delegate may enrol on a new course to complete the missing days ensuring that they maintain the correct sequence of days, training and exercises. Extenuating circumstances does not include work-based issues such as work load or holidays. Under no circumstances may a delegate sit the compulsory objective examination unless all days have been attended and no delegate is allowed to attend more than two courses of split attendance. Delegates unable to complete the course due to certified sickness or extenuating circumstances must complete the course within 90 days of the last day of attendance. CITB reserves the right to charge an additional sum of to cover costs incurred when switching courses. This will be agreed in advance of the delegate moving course
After the course
Upon successfully completing the course you will be awarded a Site Safety Plus certificate. This qualification must be renewed every five years by attending the SSSTS refresher course.
|Code||Start||End||Venue||Days / Times|
|IWPSSS-4||22/05/2017||23/05/2017||TELFORD COLLEGE OF ARTS & TECHNOLOGY||Mon: 09:00 - 17:00
Tue: 09:00 - 17:00